ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE
HELD ON FRIDAY 1ST JUNE 2012 AT 12.00 noon IN A COMMITTEE ROOM AT THE COUNCIL HOUSE, COLLEGE GREEN, BRISTOL BS1 5TR
1. APOLOGIES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
2. ANNUAL BUSINESS
A. Election of Chair 2012/13
- to elect a chair of the Committee for 2012/13
B. Election of Vice Chair 2012/13
- to elect a vice-chair of the Committee for 2012/13
C. Membership of Committee
- to note the details of the current membership are set out at the head of this agenda.
D. Terms of Reference
Members are referred to the attached terms of reference for the Committee which were agreed by the City Council at it's meeting on 15th May 2012.
- to note the Committee's terms of reference on page 7 of the Agenda.
E. Dates and Times of Meetings 2012/13
- to note the meeting dates for 2012/13 as detailed below, all meetings to commence at 2.00pm -
1st June 2012 (12.00 start)
5th July 2012
6th September 2012
8th November 2012
10th January 2013
21st March 2013
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
to give notice of any interests committee members may have on the items for consideration at the meeting.
4. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE HELD ON 9 MARCH 2012
- to be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
5. PUBLIC FORUM
Time Limit for this item - 30 minutes
Any member of the public or councillor, provided they have given notice in writing or by electronic mail (email@example.com) may participate in public forum. The detailed arrangements for so doing are described in the public information sheet at the back of this agenda.
Please note that the following deadlines will apply in relation to this meeting:
Written questions must be received 3 clear working days prior to the meeting. For this meeting, this means that your submission must be received at the latest by 5.00pm on Monday 28th May 2012.
Petitions and statements :
Petitions and statements must be received by noon on the working day prior to the meeting. For this meeting, this means that your submission must be received at the latest by 12.00pm on Thursday 31st May 2012.
Notification of your public forum business should be addressed to the Head of Legal Services, c/o Democratic Services Section, Room 220, the Council House, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR and marked for the attention of Samantha Mahony or by electronic mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. MARKET SUPPLEMENT PAYMENT TO FORENSIC SOCIAL WORKERS
- to consider the continuation of a market supplement
(Report of Strategic Director, Health and Social Care)
7. PAY POLICY PRIORITIES UPDATE
- to note the progress that has been made on the pay policy statement priorities that were agreed by Full Council in March 2012.
(Report of Strategic Director: Corporate Resources)
8. CHANGES IN SENIOR MANAGEMENT ESTABLISHMENT
- to note the creation of two posts (one due to European funding) and the deletion of another fixed term post.
(Report of Strategic Director: Corporate Services)
9. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Recommended - that under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the consideration of the following item, on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act (as amended).
BRISTOL CITY COUNCIL IS FULLY COMMITTED TO OPENNESS.
THE COUNCIL WILL NOT WITHHOLD INFORMATION UNLESS THERE ARE GOOD REASONS FOR DOING SO.
THE FOLLOWING REPORTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN INFORMATION WHICH IS ABOUT INDIVIDUALS, LABOUR RELATIONS OR IS COMMERCIALLY OR LEGALLY SENSITIVE.
THE PARTICULAR REASONS ARE GIVEN IN EACH CASE.
10. EXEMPT REPORT
- Report not available for dispatch
(Exempt report of Strategic Director: Corporate Services)
11. URGENT BUSINESS
Any item of business which the Chair is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency by reason of special circumstances (to be specified) under Section 100B(4)(b) of the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting is scheduled for 5th July 2012.