1. ELECTION OF CHAIR - MUNICIPAL YEAR 2008/2009
The Committee is recommended to elect a Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
2. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR - MUNICIPAL YEAR 2008/09
The Committee is recommended to elect a Vice-Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
3. MEMBERSHIP OF THE COMMITTEE
The committee is recommended to note the membership for the ensuing municipal year as follows;
Councillor Chris Jackson (L)
Councillor Noreen Daniels (L)
Councillor Simon Crew (L)
Councillor Kevin Quartley (C)
Councillor Dennis Brown (LD)
Councillor Peter Main (LD)
Councillor Muriel Cole (LD)
4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
5. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
6. TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Committee is recommended to note the attached terms of reference for the ensuing municipal year, as agreed by the Full Council on 13th May 2008.
7. DATES AND TIMES OF MEETINGS 2008/09
The Committee is recommended to agree the dates and times of meetings as listed below for the remainder of the 2008/09 municipal year;
2pm on Monday 27th October 2008
2pm on Monday 19th January 2009
2pm on Monday 6th April 2009
- To be confirmed as a correct record.
9. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STATEMENTS AND PETITIONS
Deadline for receipt: 12.00 noon on Friday 18th July 2008.
- To report for information on the current position with regard to Section 53 applications for modification orders affecting Council land, and to update members on proposals for dealing with such claims.
(Joint report of the Director of Planning Transport and Sustainable Development and Director of Central Support Services (Head of Legal Services))
- to report for information on the present position with regard to Wildlife and Countryside Act applications; town or village green applications; public inquiries; and miscellaneous rights of way orders, agreements and legal proceedings.
(Joint report of the Director of Planning, Transport and Sustainable Development and the Director of Central Support Services (Head of Legal Services))
12. URGENT BUSINESS
- Any item of business which the Chair is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency by reason of special circumstances (to be specified) under Section 100B(4)(b) of the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
13. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
- If agreed by Members, the next meeting will be held at 2pm on Monday 27th October 2008.