1. ELECTION OF CHAIR - MUNICIPAL YEAR 2009/2010
The Committee is recommended to elect a Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
2. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR - MUNICIPAL YEAR 2009/10
The Committee is recommended to elect a Vice-Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
3. MEMBERSHIP OF THE COMMITTEE
The Committee is recommended to note the membership for the ensuing municipal year as follows;
Councillor Simon Crew (L)
Councillor Chris Jackson (L)
Councillor Kevin Quartley (C)
Councillor Jay Jethwa (C)
Councillor Tim Kent (LD)
Councillor Peter Main (LD)
Councillor Muriel Cole (LD)
Councillor Alf Havvock (LD)
Councillor Neil Harrison (LD)
4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
To receive any apologies for absence and substitutions.
5. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To receive any declarations of interest.
6. TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Committee is recommended to note the attached terms of reference for the ensuing municipal year, as agreed by the Full Council on 16TH June 2009.
7. DATES AND TIMES OF MEETINGS 2009/10
The Committee is recommended to agree the dates and times of meetings as listed below for the remainder of the 2009/10 municipal year;
2pm on Monday 26th October 2009
2pm on Monday 25th January 2010
2pm on Monday 26th April 2010
- To be confirmed as a correct record.
9. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – QUESTIONS, STATEMENTS AND PETITIONS
Any member of the public or councillor may participate in public forum. The detailed arrangements for so doing are described in the public information sheet at the back of this agenda.
Please note that the following deadlines will apply in relation to this meeting:
Written questions must be received 3 clear working days prior to the meeting. For this meeting, this means that your submission must be received by 5.00pm on Tuesday 28th July 2009.
Petitions and statements must be received by noon on the working day prior to the meeting. For this meeting, this means that your submission must be received by 12.00pm on Friday 31st July 2009.
Notification of your public forum business should be addressed to the Head of Legal Services, c/o Democratic Services Section, Room 220, the Council House, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR, and marked for the attention of Lucy Fleming.
- To advise rejection of the application to register land known as Castle Park as a Town or Village Green Under the Commons Act 2006 Section 15.
(Report of the Head of Legal Services)
- to report for information on the present position with regard to Wildlife and Countryside Act applications; town or village green applications; public inquiries; and miscellaneous rights of way orders, agreements and legal proceedings.
(Report of the Director of City Development)
12. URGENT BUSINESS
- Any item of business which the Chair is of the opinion should be considered at the meeting as a matter of urgency by reason of special circumstances (to be specified) under Section 100B(4)(b) of the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985.
13. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
- If agreed by Members, the next meeting will be held at 2pm on Monday 26th October 2009.