Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To seek approval to submit the outline business case for a traffic clean air zone to achieve compliance with clean air directives.
1. Cabinet noted the results from the public consultation on Traffic Clean Air Zone options and Equalities impact assessment
2. Cabinet approved the outline business case for submission to Joint Air Quality Commission (JAQU) by the 6th November 2019;
3. Cabinet authorised officers to progress with producing a Full Business Case for the option approved by Cabinet
4. Cabinet approved the necessary resources, as set out in Appendix G, required to deliver the Full Business Case to be brought to Cabinet in February 2020.
5. Cabinet decided that on the basis that any delay likely to be caused by the call-in process would seriously prejudice the council’s or the public’s interests, that this was an urgent decision and will not be subject to the call in process. The Head of paid Service and Monitoring officer confirmed that that this is reasonable in all the circumstances.
Report author: Mike Jackson
Publication date: 05/11/2019
Date of decision: 05/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/11/2019 - Cabinet