Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for the business case and site for the Youth Zone in South Bristol including the lease of an asset for the duration of the project.
1. Approved the allocation of CIL funding of £4M (£395,000 already drawn down) on the South Bristol Youth Zone and £3.275 M capital to enable the site, including an access road as outlined in this report.
2. Approved the allocation of revenue funding from the Targeted Youth Support/Targeted Services budget of £400,000 per year for 3 years from 2026 for the safe running of the Youth Zone, representing 30% of the total running costs.
3. Noted that the pre-opening year of 2024 and the first year of operation in 2025 will be paid from partner contributions through Onside.
4. Approved the schedule of works to deliver the Youth Zone as set out in this report and Appendix A 5.
5. Authorised the Executive Director Children’s and Education to take all steps required to spend the funding (including procuring and awarding contracts over £500k or entering into grant agreements) and deliver the Youth Zone as outlined in this report.
6. Authorised the Director of Property Assets and Infrastructure in consultation with the Executive Director Children’s and Education to take all steps required to negotiate and agree terms for a lease of the land for a period of 125 years to the Onside charity for the purpose of the Youth Zone as outlined in this report.
7. Noted the consultation report at Appendix B
Report author: Gail Rogers
Publication date: 24/01/2023
Date of decision: 24/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 24/01/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/02/2023