Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to renew two Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) arrangements and authorisation for specific BID related matters.
1. Approved the proposal for the renewal of the City Centre BID in accordance with the Business Improvement Districts Regulations 2004 (the Regulations) (including considering any conflict with any formal adopted policy of the Council and managing the ballot process) as outlined in this report.
2. Authorised the Executive Director for Growth and Regeneration in consultation with the Cabinet Member for City Economy, Finance and Performance to take all steps required to consider the proposal for the renewal of the Clifton Village BID in accordance with the Business Improvement Districts Regulations 2004 (the Regulations) (including considering any conflict with any formal adopted policy of the Council and managing the ballot process) as outlined in this report.
3. Authorised the Chief Executive (subject to the consideration of the BID proposals as required by the Regulations) to vote on behalf of the Council in BID ballots.
4. Approved the transfer of all levy monies as required over the 5 year BID term period as per the regulations.
5. Noted that, subject to a “yes” vote at ballot:
a. the council will act as the relevant billing authority and will manage the billing and collection of the levy, and its transfer to Visit West and Clifton BID Company; and
b. the council will meet the council’s obligations in paying the BID levy, as a non–domestic ratepayer in the BID areas, in accordance with the BID regulations over the life of the BIDs.
6. Authorised the Head of Service for Revenues and Benefits to take all steps required to agree (including any amendments as required) and enter into Operating Agreements with Visit West and Clifton BID Company.
Report author: Jason Thorne
Publication date: 12/07/2022
Date of decision: 12/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/07/2022