Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek endorsement of the Western Harbour Vision and authority to apply for and spend external funding and procure and award contracts for the next stage of the work.
1. Endorsed the Western Harbour vision (Appendix A)
2. Approved, subject to external funding being secured, the use of the Western Harbour Vision as the basis of the brief to appoint a multi-disciplinary masterplanning team to develop a masterplan and delivery strategy for Western Harbour as outlined in this report.
3. Authorised the Executive Director of Growth & Regeneration, in consultation with the Deputy Mayor for Finance Governance and Performance and the Section 151 Officer, to work with Homes England and WECA to explore, apply for and secure (including agreeing grant terms and conditions), funding to progress the master planning and delivery strategy for Western Harbour up to the value of £3m.
4. Noted that a further report will be brought to Cabinet to seek approval to spend any external funding which is secured and procure a multi-disciplinary design team.
5. Authorised the Executive Director Growth and Regeneration to spend up to the value of £480k to develop an outline business case as outlined in this report.
6. Noted the outcome of the engagement and consultation at Appendix B1 and B2 and that further engagement and consultation will take place as part of the development of the masterplan.
Publication date: 12/07/2022
Date of decision: 12/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/07/2022