Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to accept and spend the maintenance and Integrated Transport Block (ITB) funding allocations from West of England Combined Authority (WECA) as part of the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement (CRSTS), and internal funding to deliver the maintenance and ITB projects as necessary.
1. Noted the proposed indicative funding allocations of £8.272m of WECA CRSTS maintenance and ITB and £1m internal funding, totalling £9.272m for 2023-2024.
2. Authorised the Executive Director Growth and Regeneration in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Transport to take all steps required to accept and spend up to £9.272m of WECA CRSTS maintenance, ITB, and local funding as outlined in this report. Legacy area committee schemes, where delivery has been delayed by various factors and budget originally set in previous year, are subject to sign off by the Mayor in line with the terms of reference of Area Committee operation.
3. Noted that the underspend from the financial year 2022-23 will be considered for carry forward as part of the overall capital outturn report.
4. Authorised the Executive Director Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Transport, to take all steps necessary to procure and award any contracts (including any contracts over the key decision threshold) necessary to deliver the works identified in Appendix A.1 as maintenance or minor works and any reaming works from last year; making use of existing term contracts and/or approved frameworks where appropriate, up to the budget ceiling identified in Appendix A.1.
5. Authorise the Executive Director Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Transport, to make reasonable changes to the programme of works to ensure delivery of the programme, in accordance with the Council’s scheme of financial delegations
Report author: Adam Crowther
Publication date: 07/03/2023
Date of decision: 07/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/03/2023