Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to bid for, accept and spend
funding from the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) for the
UKSPF Communities & Place and Supporting Business programmes;
and to approve the development of a WECA business case, in
co-design with Unitary Authorities, for the UKSPF People &
Skills programme, from 2024/25.
1. Authorised the Executive Director (Growth and Regeneration) in consultation with Director for Finance and Cabinet Member Public Health and Communities to take all steps required to submit the bids and if successful, accept and spend funding from West of England Combined Authority’s (WECA) UKSPF Communities & Place programme for the following proposals:
- Place based interventions - enterprise, skills and sector support;
- High street recovery and renewal programme extension;
- Bristol Libraries BIPC Business Centres;
- Volunteer parks;
- Community hubs for community resilience, subject to the bids, funding and grant protocols being agreed with WECA.
2. Authorised the Executive Director (Growth and Regeneration) in consultation with Cabinet Member with responsibility for City Economy, Finance and Performance to agree the Full Business Case and if approved, enter into grant agreement with WECA to spend the allocation from the Supporting Business Programme for a Local Enterprise Support programme.
3. Authorised the Executive Director for Children and Education, in consultation with the Director for Finance, and the Deputy Mayor - Children Services, Education and Equalities, to agree the Full Business Case and if approved, enter into grant agreement with WECA to spend the funding to develop the UKSPF People and Skills programme to deliver the agreed projects from 2024/25 as outlined in this report.
Report author: Hannah French
Publication date: 07/03/2023
Date of decision: 07/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/03/2023