Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval of Bristol City Council's approach to the development of youth services within Bristol.
1. Approved our approach to the development and grant funding of youth services within Bristol across the next 7 years.
2. Approved the creation of a Career Coaching function as part of Post 16 Participation Team from June 2023.
3. Authorised the Executive Director Children and Families to take all steps required:-
• to extend the current Targeted Youth Services contracts until 30th September 2023 at a cost of up to £440k for 4 months.
• Create the Career Coaching function at a cost of up to £200k per annum for 7 years.
• To agree grant terms and enter into grant agreements to award grants for youth services across the next 7 years at a total cost of £6m.
Publication date: 07/03/2023
Date of decision: 07/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/03/2023