Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to accept and spend Bristol’s allocation of the Homelessness Prevention Grant for 2023-24 and 2024-25 and Accommodation for Ex-Offenders (AFEO) scheme 2023-25.
1. Noted the Homelessness Prevention Grant allocations of £3,076,538 for 23/24 and £3,211,501 for 24/25.
2. Noted the submission of a bid for funding to the Accommodation for Ex-Offenders scheme (AFEO) and the subsequent award of £538,120 for 2023-25.
3. Authorised the Executive Director of Growth and Regeneration in consultation with Cabinet Member Housing Delivery and Homes to enter into a grant agreement/Memorandum of Understanding to accept and spend the AFEO funding of £538,120.
4. Authorised the Executive Director – Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing Delivery and Homes to take all steps required to spend the Homelessness Prevention Grant allocations for 23/24 and 24/25 and AFEO 23-25 funding as outlined in the report, including procuring and awarding contracts (which may be over £500k) in line with the procurement routes and maximum budget envelopes set out in this report.
5. Authorised the Executive Director – Growth and Regeneration to invoke any subsequent extensions/variations specifically defined in the contract(s) being awarded, up to the maximum budget envelope outlined in this report.
6. Authorised the Executive Director – Growth and Regeneration in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing Delivery and Homes to take all steps required to amend the planned expenditure for the grants within the overall budget envelope set out in the report.
Report author: Paul Sylvester
Publication date: 07/03/2023
Date of decision: 07/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/03/2023