Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To seek approval for the disposal of
Bristol City Council assets which have been identified by the
Estates Strategy Board as being surplus to the Council’s
2. To seek approval to the disposal of the Council’s freehold interest in Hengrove Leisure Park to facilitate a residential redevelopment of part of the site.
3. To seek approval to the transfer to the Housing Revenue Account or the re-purpose within the general fund of the assets in Appendix A3.
1. Approved the assets listed in Appendix A1 be declared surplus to Council requirements and subject to them not being considered suitable for HRA transfer, or sold to a registered provider, to be disposed of on the open market for the best consideration.
2. Approved the appropriation of any suitable properties listed in Appendix A2 to the HRA or to satisfy an alternative service requirement if required.
3. Authorised the Executive Director – Growth & Regeneration in consultation with the Deputy Mayor/Cabinet Member Finance, Governance and Performance and S151 Officer, to dispose of the freehold interest in: -
a. Hengrove Leisure Park at a peppercorn rent.
b. 37/39 Whitehouse Street at Market Value as per the terms set out in this report.
4. Authorised the Executive Director – Growth & Regeneration in consultation with the Deputy Mayor/Cabinet Member Finance, Governance and Performance and S151 Officer, in accordance with the Council’s scheme of delegations, to take all steps required for disposal of the assets whilst ensuring best value is obtained for each property listed in Appendix A1 and A2 in the event they are not required by the HRA or to satisfy an alternative service requirement.
Report author: David Martin
Publication date: 06/02/2024
Date of decision: 06/02/2024
Decided at meeting: 06/02/2024 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/02/2024