Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Information Only
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To present Cabinet with the latest detailed
financial outturn report and identify any additional financial
approvals that are required.
That Cabinet noted:
· The General Fund forecast £5.5m adverse outturn variance against the approved budget for 2023/24.
· The performance on delivery of savings (as summarised in Section 3).
· The General Fund additional net risk of £0.6m against which Executive Directors plan to mitigate in full (as summarised in Section 4).
· A forecast overspend of £2.1m within the HRA and that over- or under-spends that materialise on the HRA will be funded by a transfer from or to the HRA general reserve at the end of the financial year.
· A forecast in-year deficit of £16.4m accumulating to a total £56.1m carried forward deficit in the DSG for 2023/24.
· A breakeven position on Public Health services.
· A forecast £10.4m underspend against the revised Capital Programme’s Budget (Section 6)
Report author: Sarah Chodkiewicz
Publication date: 06/02/2024
Date of decision: 06/02/2024
Decided at meeting: 06/02/2024 - Cabinet