Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve in principle Bristol Waste
Company's fleet replacement programme.
1. Noted BWC’s fleet replacement programme as described in the report
2. Approved the allocation of the Council’s financial resources, up to £12m, to support the phased replacement of the existing fleet by way of shareholder’s loans on commercial terms.
3. Delegated to the Service Director Finance, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance, Governance and Performance, authority to set the terms and conditions of the required loans following submission of a satisfactory business case for each tranche of replacement/ investment.
4. Noted that the proposal for the replacement of the fleet does not preclude leasing options (rather than purchase options) if this can be justified as being strategically, operationally and financially beneficial.
5. Noted the procurement and award of these contracts are the responsibilities of Bristol Waste Company.
Report author: David Lawrence
Publication date: 04/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/12/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 12/12/2018