Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Cabinet approved the award of Contracts set out below for treatment of residual waste for a period of 10 years (with an option to extend up to a further 10 years):
• Contract with Viridor Waste Management Limited for treatment of up to 120,000 tonnes of residual waste;
• Contract with SUEZ Recycling and Recovery UK Limited for treatment of up to 50,000 tonnes of residual waste; and
• Contract with ETM Recycling Limited for treatment of up to 45,500 tonnes of bulky residual waste
Conditional on the Inter-Authority Agreement referred to in recommendation 2 being agreed and entered into by BCC and the other Authorities prior to BCC entering into the Contracts.
2. Cabinet delegated Authority to the Executive Director: Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Cabinet Member with responsibility for waste, to negotiate and enter into all necessary legal agreement relating to the operation of Contracts including an Inter-Authority Agreement to deal with arrangements for extensions, tonnages and termination.
3. Cabinet noted the proposed change in arrangements for BWC managing waste and any impacts on the Council will be mitigated.
Report author: Colin Molton
Publication date: 05/03/2019
Date of decision: 05/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/03/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 13/03/2019