Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Cabinet approved Better Lives Capital spend proposals up to £9.4m (including the use of prudential borrowing) to develop Extra Care/ Inter-generational provision focused on older people and supported living provision focused either on young adults transitioning to Adult Care Services or on working age adults with care and support needs.
2. Cabinet noted that the capital budget will cover all provision in recommendations 3 to 6, other than the associated provision of adult care support services, which will continue to be purchased through existing adult care budgets
3. Cabinet delegated authority to the Executive Director of Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Director of Adult Care Services, within the approved budget to take all necessary steps to acquire the properties required to deliver the BLH programme detailed in report.
4. Cabinet delegated authority to the Executive Director of People in consultation with the Executive Director of Growth and Regeneration, to take all necessary steps to procure and deliver (a) the refurbishment of the Former Sea Mills Children Centre, and (b) operation of the Centre and the delivery of all associated services.
5. Cabinet approved a contract variation for the Bristol City Council Community Support Services and authorise the Executive Director of People to take the necessary steps to deliver support and care services based on Individual Service Funds for young people moving into First Home provision as part of Better Lives at Home.
6. Cabinet agreed that new assets (properties and / or land) secured for delivering specialist affordable housing through the Better Lives at Home Project will be held in the HRA and be managed by Homes and Landlord Services.
Report author: Jacqui Jensen
Publication date: 07/05/2019
Date of decision: 07/05/2019
Decided at meeting: 07/05/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/05/2019