Decision Maker: Executive Director: Growth and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Because bids were not appended to the Cabinet
reports against which these decisions were made, it has not
previously been stated how the funding received will be divided
between the two bus operating companies who are BCC’s
partners in this project.
* That the £2,214,800 funding received
by Bristol City Council under the Clean Bus Technology Fund from
national government’s JAQU (Joint Air Quality Unit) will be
divided between First West of England and CTPlus bus operating
companies according to the allocations approved in the bid, and for
those specific pieces of work.
* The amount due to First is £2,020,800. Of this total, £922,800 was transferred in August 2018. A further transfer of £1,098,000 will be made in July 2019.
* The amount due to CTPlus is £194,000, of which £171,180 was transferred in August 2018.
* A further £2.48m of funding was granted as an extension of the above funding in March 2019. It is anticipated that £2,431,330 of this funding will be allocated to First Bus with £57,000 being allocated to CT Plus during the 2019-20 financial year.
* Both proposals have been approved by BCC Cabinet.
Option 1 - There are no alternative options
because the way the project is currently being managed is as agreed
in the bid.
Option 2 -
Option 3 -
Publication date: 02/08/2019
Date of decision: 29/08/2019