Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Cabinet authorised the Executive Director for Growth & Regeneration in consultation with the Executive Member for Housing to negotiate and enter into a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding with Boklok to work in partnership to deliver new homes in Bristol over the next 5 years.
2. Cabinet authorised the Executive Director of Growth & Regeneration in consultation with council’s s151 officer and the Service Director Legal and Democratic services to negotiate mutually acceptable terms for the drawdown of Homes England Funding and subject to resolving outstanding legal issues pass this to Boklok via a funding agreement.
3. Cabinet authorised the Executive Director for Growth & Regeneration to transfer Airport Road to Boklok at best consideration subject to the completion of the enabling works in accordance with a detailed planning consent and Funding Agreement.
4. Cabinet authorised the Executive Director for Growth & Regeneration, in consultation with the Executive Member for Housing, to explore the potential for the affordable housing to be transferred to the Council and report back to Cabinet, should this be deliverable, on the terms of such an arrangement.
5. Cabinet noted that if recommendation 4 is not deliverable, Boklok will dispose of the affordable housing to a registered provide of their choice
Report author: Abigail Stratford
Publication date: 01/10/2019
Date of decision: 01/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 01/10/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 09/10/2019