Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide an update on the development of a new Household Reuse and Recycling Centre at Hartcliffe Way and to seek approval to enter a Development Agreement with Bristol Waste Company.
1. Cabinet approved the Council entering a Development Agreement with Bristol Waste Company to deliver the HRRC facility as detailed in Appendix A,
2. Cabinet approved allocation of £2m from current capital contingency to this scheme.
3. Cabinet approved expenditure of the £7m to deliver the works required to deliver the HRRC facility.
4. Cabinet approved to lease the Council-owned site to Bristol Waste Company on completion of the works, on terms to be negotiated and agreed by the Executive Director Growth and Regeneration;
5. Cabinet noted that the ongoing revenue costs for the operation of the HRRC are still being developed on but may be in the region of £1m. If this is not containable within the current service budget envelope this will need to be considered when setting the annual when the facility is operational.
6. Cabinet noted that a City Wide Depot Strategy will be produced to inform arrangements for the longer-term Street Cleansing Depot provision and that a report identifying the capital costs associated with delivery of this will come back to Cabinet at a future date.
Report author: Colin Molton
Publication date: 03/12/2019
Date of decision: 03/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/12/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/12/2019