Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Council approved budgets and directorate
spending limits for the 2017/18 financial year on 21 February 2017.
The purpose of this report is to inform Cabinet of the
Council’s overall financial performance against revenue and
capital budgets as at the end of July 2017.
1) Agreed to note the extent of forecast revenue overspend at period 4 of £6.1m
2) Agreed to note that Strategic and Service Directors are continuing to review the levels of over and underspends and reallocate budgets in order to remain within the directorate service allocations for 2017/18
3) Agreed to note the progress made in identifying funds to be held in abeyance, across Directorates, pending delivery of a balanced budget.
4) Agreed to consider and note the progress against planned efficiency savings
5) Agreed to note the changes to savings proposals, as set out above, from those outlined in the original budget report
6) Agreed to note current forecast capital expenditure of £212.4m, which is £17.6m below the budgeted capital programme for the year
Report author: Denise Murray
Publication date: 19/09/2017
Date of decision: 19/09/2017
Decided at meeting: 19/09/2017 - Cabinet