Venue: City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR
Contact: Ruth Quantock
Link: Click here for video
Welcome, introductions and safety information
Please note: if the alarm sounds, everyone at the meeting should please
exit the building via the way they came in, via the main entrance lobby
area, and then the front ramp. Please then assemble on the paved area
in front of the building on College Green by the flag poles.
If the front entrance cannot be used, alternative exits are available via
staircases 2 and 3 to the left and right of the Council Chamber. These
exit to the rear of the building. The lifts are not to be used. Then please
make your way to the assembly point at the front of the building.
Please do not return to the building until instructed to do so by the fire
Please note that public forum items will be taken at the point in the meeting when the relevant agenda item is considered (i.e. at the start of the relevant agenda item).
Up to one hour is allowed for this item.
Petitions and statements (must be about matters on the agenda):
• Members of the public and members of the council, provided they give notice in writing or by e-mail (and include their name, address, and ‘details of the wording of the petition, and, in the case of a statement, a copy of the submission) by no later than 12 noon on the working day before the meeting, may present a petition or submit a statement to the Cabinet.
• One statement per member of the public and one statement per member of Council shall be admissible.
• A maximum of one minute shall be allowed to present each petition and statement.
• The deadline for receipt of petitions and statements for the 14 NovemberCabinet is 12 noon on Friday 11 November. These should be sent, in writing or by e-mail to: Democratic Services, City Hall, College Green,Bristol, BS1 5TR
Questions (must be about matters on the agenda):
• Questions must identify the member of the Cabinet to whom they are put.
• A maximum of 2 written questions per person can be asked. At the meeting, a maximum of 2 supplementary questions may be asked. A supplementary question must arise directly out of the original question or reply.
• Replies to questions will be given verbally at the meeting. If a reply cannot be given at the meeting (including due to lack of time) or if written confirmation of the verbal reply is requested by the questioner, a written reply will be provided within 10 working days of the meeting.
• The deadline for receipt of questions for the 14 November Cabinet is 5.00 pm on Thursday 10 November. These should be sent, in writing or by e-mail to: Democratic Services, City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR.
When submitting a question or statement, please indicate whether you are planning to attend the meeting.
Apologies for absence
Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest from the Mayor and Cabinet members. They are asked to indicate the relevant agenda item, the nature of the interest and in particular whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest.
Any declaration of interest made at the meeting which is not on the register of interests should be notified to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion.
Report or references from scrutiny commissions
None notified as at agenda publication date.
To seek approval to the draft order establishing the West of England Mayoral Combined Authority.
That the report recommendations be approved, as follows:
1. To note the Summary of Consultation Responses report and the representations submitted to the Secretary of State and the variations described in Appendix B.
2. To note the principles in the Governance Scheme are delivered, subject to the variations referred to in Appendix B.
3. Subject to the safeguard in recommendation 5 below, to give consent to the establishment of the West of England Combined Authority.
4. To appoint the Mayor as this Council’s member of the West of England Combined Authority.
5. To delegate to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Mayor the authority to take all decisions, to make all necessary appointments, arrangements and provide written confirmation to the Secretary of State consenting to the making of an Order creating a West of England Combined Authority.
6. To delegate authority to the Monitoring Officer to make all consequential amendments to the Council’s constitution.