Venue: Colston Primary School, 18 Cotham Grove, Bristol BS6 6AL
Contact: Jeremy Livitt
Welcome, Introductions and Apologies for Absence
The Chair will welcome everyone attending, ask all parties to introduce themselves and give any apologies for absence.
There was a vote of thanks to those no longer members of NP – Nick Clarke and ex councillors Tim Malnick, Dani Glazzard and Daniella Radice.
Apologies were received from Councillor Fi Hance, Simon Baines, Gavin Spittlehouse, Lesley Welch and Paul Bolton-Jones.
To consider the Annual Report for 2016/17.
considered the AGM report and recommendations and it was
· Eleanor Combley
· Tom Brook
· Anthony Negus
· Cleo Lake
· Fi Hance
· Martin Fodor
b) Representatives of Community Groups:
· Alison Bromilow – Redland and Cotham Amenities Society
· Gavin Spittlehouse – Sustainable Bishopston
· Jenny Hoadley – Bishopston Society
· Roger Gimson – Sustainable Redland
c)Individually appointed reps:
· Liz Kew
· Rob Umphray
d) Community Advocates.
· Lesley Welch – Equalities Advocate
· Mark Whiley – Equalities Advocate
· Simon Baines - Business Rep
· Sarah Thorp – Business Rep
· Vacant - Student Rep
2. That Roger Gimson be elected Chair of the Neighbourhood Partnership for 2016/17
3. That Alison Bromilow be elected Vice-Chair of the Neighbourhood Partnership for 2016/17
4. That Cllr Eleanor Combley be elected Chair of the Neighbourhood Committee 2016/17
5. That Cllr Martin Fodor be elected Vice-Chair of the Neighbourhood Committee 2016/17
6. That Kingsdown Conservation Group be added to the list of NP member organisations that send a rep to the NP
7. That the BCR Constitution be amended to allow up to 2 Business/trader advocates to sit on the NP
8. That the NC and NP terms of ref, and NC financial operating framework be confirmed
9. That the amended constitution be confirmed.
10. That the devolved Neighbourhood Budget for 2016-17 be noted
11. That the financial statement and expenditure from 2015-16 be noted
NP members are requested to agree the Minutes of the meeting held on 11th April 2016 as a correct record.
That the Minutes of the meeting held on the 11th April 2016 be confirmed as a correct record with amendments as noted and signed by the Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To note any declarations of interest from the Councillors. They are asked to indicate the relevant agenda item, the nature of the interest and in particular whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest.
Please note that the Register of Interests is available at https://www.bristol.gov.uk/councillors/members-interests-gifts-and-hospitality-register
Any declarations of interest made at the meeting which is not on the register of interests should be notified to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion.
Cllr Negus declared an interest as member of Chandos Road community Association
Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.
Any member of the public or Councillor may participate in Public Forum. The detailed arrangements for so doing are set out in the Public Information Sheet at the back of this agenda. Public Forum items should be emailed to email@example.com and please note that the following deadlines will apply in relation to this meeting:-
Questions - Written questions must be received 3 clear working days prior to the meeting. For this meeting, this means that your question(s) must be received in this office at the latest by 5 pm on Tuesday 14th June 2016.
Petitions and Statements - Petitions and statements must be received on the working day prior to the meeting. For this meeting this means that your submission must be received in this office at the latest by 12.00 noon on Friday 17th June 2016.
following Public Forum items were received:
Living Room Project – Daniella Radice
BCR NP Streetscene Group - Rob Umphray Chair of the Group
BCR Neighbourhood Partnership Tree Report
In respect of the Tree Report and proposals for spending of Section 106 monies the Neighbourhood Committee Resolved:
priority should be given firstly to the site on Redland Road and
then the 4 sites on Edgecumbe Road.
To consider the Neighbourhood Co-ordinator’s Report.
The Neighbourhood Partnership considered the Co-ordinator’s report and agreed the following:
1. To note the brief update from the recent combined forum
2. To note the information regarding an upcoming citywide NP event
3. To note the latest meeting schedule of dates for Forums and NP meetings in 2016/17
4. To note the links for detailed updates on the NP’s S106 and CIL budgets.
To note the latest BCR NP budget updates and
proposed working group budget allocations as follows:
Street Scene £7,083.50
Sustainable Travel £7,000
Young People £1,000
Communication & Engagement £3,250
6. To delegate £1,500 to officers to help working groups deliver their projects
To consider a report concerning Small Grants.
The Partnership considered the report of the Small Grants Subgroup. The amount of grant aid requested was £18,207 from seven applicants. All applicants met the criteria and all, at different levels, involved volunteers within the activities, or in the case of Redland Parish Church, the impact of the funding would encourage further voluntary activity. Four had secured other financial resources and all used volunteer time, some extensively. The Small Grants Subgroup asked for additional information from most of the applications.
It was noted that it was agreed at the NP meeting on April 11th 2016 that £12,000 would be allocated to small grants on June 20th 2016, from a total spend limit of £20,000 for 2016/17. There were seven applications, and one late application. Six were recommended for full or part-funding, totalling £10,418.
The Neighbourhood Committee
To consider a report from the Parks Working Group
The NP considered a report from the Parks Sub-Group.
It was resolved:
1. That the proposals for funding of Ashley Down Green Playground be noted and that ask Ashley, Easton, Lawrence Hill Neighbourhood Committee be asked to support the funding proposal.
2. That individual Parks Group priorities be noted (to be attached as appendices to the Neighbourhood Partnership Plan).
3. That the £50k requested spending limit from BCR funds for the Parks groups to bid to carry out projects in parks be discussed and brought back to the next NP meeting.
To consider a report from the Sustainable Travel Working Group
The Neighbourhood Partnership considered a
report from the Sustainable Travel Working Group
1. To set a spending limit in 2016/17 for the Sustainable Travel WG of £7000
1. To pre-approve the spending of £2,000 on minor signs and lines, to be spent at the discretion of the working group (as done last year), and to be taken from CIL funds whenever possible.
2 To approve spending the carry-forward of £1,000 on forecourt cycle stands, to be taken from CIL funds.
To consider a report from the Communication and Engagement Working Group
The Neighbourhood Committee Resolved:
to allocate £2,500 for the community fair including £2,100 for little grants of up to £350 with applications to be pre-approved as meeting NP Priorities by Cllr Eleanor Combley, Andrea Stott and Alison Bromilow.
To consider a report from the Street Scene Working Group
The Partnership noted the report from the Street Scene Working Group.
The Neighbourhood Committee Resolved:
That an additional £3k be allocated for Kingsdown street scene.
To consider a report of the Governance Working Group
The report was noted.
To consider the Neighbourhood Plan Update report.
The Neighbourhood Partnership Resolved:
1. To note the updated NP Plan and to adopt it as the NP’s Plan for 2016/17 and beyond.
2. To hold a review meeting in July to agree the work needed to achieve the priorities in the NP Plan.
Date Of Next Meeting
To note that the next meeting is scheduled for 7pm on Monday 10th October 2016 in the Claremont Room, Redland Green School, Redland Court Road, Bristol BS6 7EH