Agenda and draft minutes

Avonmouth and Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Partnership
Wednesday, 22nd March, 2017 7.00 pm

Venue: Nova Primary School, Barracks Lane, Shirehampton, BS11 9NG

Contact: Ruth Quantock 

Items
No. Item

31.

Welcome and introductions

Minutes:

The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

Councillors, officers and other attendees introduced themselves.

 

32.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies were received from Cllr Matt Melias, Tim Leaman and David Thomas.

 

33.

Declarations of Interest

To note any declarations of interest from the Councillors.  They are asked to indicate the relevant agenda item, the nature of the interest and in particular whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest.

 

Any declarations of interest made at the meeting which is not on the register of interests should be notified to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion.

 

Minutes:

None.

34.

Minutes of Previous Meeting and Action Sheet pdf icon PDF 230 KB

·     To agree to amend the draft minutes to reflect a key funding decision around Merebank  S106 which was made at the December meeting but inadvertently missed off

 

·     To agree the minutes of the previous meeting as a correct record.

 

·     To note Action Sheet

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED :

That the minutes of the meeting of the partnership held on 14 December 2016 be confirmed as a correct record and signed by the Chair subject to the following correction:

 

Minute no. 6 – Business activities report – Traffic and transport section:

It was agreed that this minute is to be amended to additionally include the below text/ decision (this decision had been taken by the neighbourhood committee at the 14 December meeting):

 

Progress of the LSTF cycling and walking scheme – Kingsweston Lane and final allocation of Merebank S106 funding

 

The neighbourhood committee

RESOLVED:

That approval be given to allocate the Merebank S106 (£67,358.43) to support the delivery of the LSTF cycling and walking scheme along Kingsweston Lane.”

 

 

Review of action tacker:

 

Port Communities Resilience Fund – The NP Co-ordinator clarified that this budget had not been “frozen.”

 

It was noted that other action points were addressed in the reports included with the agenda for this meeting.

 

35.

Public Forum

Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item

 

Any member of the public or Councillor may participate in Public Forum.  The detailed arrangements for so doing are set out in the Public Information Sheet at the back of this agenda.  Public Forum items should be emailed to democratic.services@bristol.gov.uk and please note that the following deadlines will apply in relation to this meeting:-

 

Questions - Written questions must be received 3 clear working days prior to the meeting.  For this meeting, this means that your question(s) must be received in this office at the latest by5 pm on Thursday 16 March

 

Petitions and Statements - Petitions and statements must be received on the working day prior to the meeting.  For this meeting this means that your submission must be received in this office at the latest by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 21 March

 

Minutes:

None received.

36.

Avonmouth & Lawrence Weston NP Business Activities Report pdf icon PDF 302 KB

To include Transformers decisions,  Traffic Scheme updates and decisions about S106 allocations; bus services meeting; Environment/Parks update;  June meeting date decision

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The NP considered the business activities report.

 

1. Transformers fund

 

The NP considered a proposal for the allocation of the Transformers Fund.  It was noted that this was a decision for the NP to take as these resources came from a source external to the Council.

 

The NP

RESOLVED:

That, as per para. 1.3 of the report, approval be given to the following allocations:

1. Bristol Noise (Bristol Noise - Lawrence Weston) - £500

2. Sea Mills community centre (the Peace Garden) - £650

3. Avon youth club (fitness room equipment) - £1,150

4. Unique Voice (North side factory summer holiday provision) - £1,500

5. 191st Shirehampton scouts (wheelchair access improvements) - £1,200

 

The NP also

RESOLVED

That, as per para. 1.4 of the report, the following applications should not receive funding in this round for the reasons stated:

* Civil Security Solutions (CIC) (Investing in your community campaign – training young people in security industry)

* Avon Wildlife Trust (Wild about orchards project)

 

The NP also noted the equalities impact assessment in para 1.5.

 

 

2. Traffic and transport

 

a. Paras. 2.2 – Improvement scheme at Shirehampton Road / Kingsweston Lane / Westbury Lane junction, and para 2.3 - Repair of the Iron Bridge across Kingsweston Lane

Following discussion, it was agreed that a public meeting / event should be held to explain why the original improvement schemes for the Shirehampton Road / Kingsweston Lane / Westbury Lane junction had been assessed as not being deliverable and to also discuss the potential new scheme with residents.  It would be important that costings for the new scheme were available at this meeting.

 

It was noted that Cllrs Alexander and Sergeant would liaise with the NP Co-ordinator so that this event could be progressed as soon as possible.   It was suggested that one option to slow traffic near the Iron Bridge site might be to install a “flashing” electronic sign.

Action: Cllrs Alexander, Sergeant & NPC

 

b. Para 2.4 – Pedestrian crossing at Kingsweston Lane roundabout / Long Cross:

The position in relation to this scheme was noted.  It was noted that the resolution of this matter would need to form part of the post-NP arrangements, but it was also suggested that the issues around this scheme could be discussed at the above mentioned meeting (as per a. above) that was to be arranged by local councillors.

Action: Cllrs Alexander, Sergeant & NPC

 

c. Para 2.5 – Proposal to approve Plot M6 S106 for Kingweston Lane walking and cycling scheme - £16,879.82:

In discussion, Cllr Sergeant commented that she required further information and a full briefing on this matter and was consequently not in a position to consider approving this proposal at this meeting.  Cllrs Sergeant and Alexander agreed that no decision could therefore be taken on this proposal.  Further detailed information should now be prepared and councillors also advised that they needed clarity about the proposed costings and the overall position of the relevant budget(s), in order that they could take  ...  view the full minutes text for item 36.

37.

Avonmouth & Lawrence Weston NP Plan Update Report pdf icon PDF 190 KB

To include Post-NP Transition Plan adoption; £10,000 working group to support Transition priorities; Bristol Impact Fund decisions and local impacts and re-commissioning of Youth Services consultation

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The NP considered the NP plan update report.

 

a. Closure of NP programme / transition plan

Noting that a workshop session would take place later at this meeting on the post-NP situation and a community led future approach, the NP Co-ordinator outlined information about the current consultation on post-NP arrangements:

* Consultation would take place between May and August on future funding arrangements.  This included options for dealing with decisions on S106 and CIL funding, and funding for community projects.  A budget would also be allocated to support community meetings per  (to be known as community spaces).

* The transition plan would be completed and signed-off by the end of May.  The Council wanted communities to define the support they would need to help them organise locally.

 

Following discussion it was agreed that the thoughts of residents and partners as expressed at the workshop (to be held at the end of this meeting) should be fed into a ward-wide event to be held on Saturday 22 April.

 

b. Avonmouth wind turbine fund

It was noted that the working group (set up at the 14 December NP meeting) would be considering proposals for the use of this £10,000 fund with a view to making recommendations to the NP by June.

Action: NPC to set up working group to develop recommendations for use of this funding to bring to June NP event.

 

c. VCS Impact Funding decisions

The information set out in section 3 of the report was noted.

 

d. Youth links re-commissioning and consultation opportunity

The information set out in the report on the opportunity to participate in this consultation was noted.

 

e. Police update

Paul Bolton-Jones provided an update for information:

* Southmead police station would close on 17 April; police staff in the Avonmouth / Lawrence Weston team would be transferring to Bridewell police station in the city centre.

* It was understood there was an aspiration from the Police and Crime Commissioner to establish a police neighbourhood base in the Southmead area at a future point.

* A new police operating framework was being implemented, which would see the separation of neighbourhood and response teams.

* The police were determined to maintain a visible presence in the area.

 

38.

Port Communities Resilience Fund - Update on Delivery Proposals pdf icon PDF 119 KB

To include update on latest Strategic Boards – 5 key decisions taken and being actioned; note to agree how community is represented in post NP arrangements

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The NP agreed to note the key decisions approved at the PCRF strategic board on 15 February 2017.

 

It was also noted that as part of the consideration of post-NP arrangements, there would be an opportunity to review, as necessary, community representation on this Board.

 

39.

A&LW Transition Workshop pdf icon PDF 117 KB

Conversation Workshop to enable whole meeting to consider issues, ideas, asks and risks in planning post-NP community-led working

Minutes:

At this point, the meeting broke into groups to hold an initial discussion on post-NP arrangements.  It was noted that the main points noted by each group would be fed into the ward-wide event to be held on Saturday 22 April.

 

Initial comments from this meeting included:

 

* It will be important to share skills, e.g. to join up local work on transport and planning.

* Also consider sharing assets.

* Consider investment in digital assets.

* Also need to help develop people’s skills to assist their participation.

* Councillors should lead public events such as the “community spaces” – need to ensure the 4 villages are all involved.

* Improve availability of “early” information to communities.

* Workshop style sessions work better than “formal” meetings – more enjoyable, informal, encourage participation and creativity.