Breadcrumb Content

Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: The Council Chamber - City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR. View directions

Contact: Amy Rodwell 

No. Item


Welcome, Introductions and Apologies for Absence pdf icon PDF 98 KB


Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Tim Rippington and Christopher Davies.



Approval of minutes from previous meeting pdf icon PDF 306 KB


Resolved; That the minutes of the previous meeting on 10th November 2022  be approved as a correct record.



Declarations of Interest


There was none.



Public Forum pdf icon PDF 61 KB

Members of the public may make a written statement ask a question or present a petition to most meetings.  Your statement or question will be sent to the Committee and be available in the meeting room one hour before the meeting.  Please submit it to


The following requirements apply:


·       The statement is received no later than 12.00 noon on the working day before the meeting (Wednesday 15th March) and is about a matter which is the responsibility of the committee concerned.

·       The question is received no later than 5pm three clear working days before the meeting (Friday 10th March).



Members noted two public forum questions and responses:

Suzanne Audrey

St Lukes Road pedestrian crossing and Totterown Community mosaic.


Suzanne asked a supplementary question around timescales and costings for the project and was advised that there would likely be a 28 day consultation in the Autumn of 2023.



Community Resources Manager Update pdf icon PDF 641 KB


The Community Resources Manager introduced the item and started by providing the Committee with some updates:

·       It was noted that since papers had been published, the February progress update has been published on the website which shows updated CIL figures.

·       An update on the Committee’s funds was provided and it as noted that the Committee could receive up to £350,000 by the end of the year.

·       It was noted that there would be a new cycle for Area Committees which means the informal meeting would take place in September 2023 with a formal decision making meeting in January 2024.

·       This delay was due to capacity in the team and uncertainty around the budget in the Parks department and capacity in Transport team in light of transfer of some functions to West of England Authority.


AC5PO30 – Improvements to Audio and Visual accessibility of St Paul’s Southville

It was noted that the application for this project was not ready in time for the last meeting, but this was now complete, and the proposal was for £20k to upgrade audio visual equipment in the church. It was noted that there were physical barriers to some people attending in person and the new technology would accommodate remote access for events and also, additional screens would ensure the equipment is more user friendly. It was noted that it should be made clear that the funding is being delivered for community benefit, not to support the religious activities at the church.


AC5PO33 - Mural on wall of Mail Marketing offices and accent to Malago Greenway

The proposal was to refresh the graffiti art nearby the cycle path as it was a dark area that needed brightening up. Members asked if the potential designs could be shared with the Committee. One person had already come forward for to undertake the project, but it was noted that an accountable body would need to accept the funding and they would need to complete a form to apply.

ACTION: KH to provide a copy of the form to relevant Members.


AC5PO19 -Wedmore Vale Green area improvements

It was noted that this project had initially been put forward to protect the green space in the area as cars regularly parked on the grass. Bristol City Council’s Housing department could deliver the improvements, but they do not have the staffing capacity at present. They hope to have capacity later in the year but raised concerns around the lack of consultation with residents and asked if local Councillors could share consultation information with the team.


Action: Committee requested that this consultation be undertaken by local councillors and that the results should be shared with Housing, with Housing submitting a Full Proposals if the result are in favour of restricting parking on the green to the October 2023 Area Committee 5 meeting


AC5PO19 - Improvements to Arnos Court Park footpath

It was noted that this was a previously approved project for the installation of a tarmac footpath that now requires additional funds  ...  view the full minutes text for item 5.