Venue: Virtual Meeting - Zoom Committee Meeting with Public Access via YouTube. View directions
Contact: Sam Wilcock, Keith Houghton
Link: Watch Live Webcast
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor English.
To consider the minutes of the last meeting held on the 27th July 2020
RESOLVED – that the Minutes of the previous Meeting held on 27 July 2020 be agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To hear any declaration of interests from Councillors on the Area Committee.
There were no declarations of interest.
Please see the public information sheet attached to the agenda for information and detail about public forum processes. For this specific meeting, the deadlines are:
· The deadline for Public Forum Questions is 5pm on Tuesday 4th November.
· The deadline for Public Forum Statements is midday on Friday 6th November.
· The deadline to register to speak at the meeting is 6pm on Thursday 5th November.
Please email to email@example.com
There were no public form submissions.
The Community Resources Manager introduced the report and drew attention to the following:
· The proposals included tree planting in the adjacent Area Committee 1 and 5 areas due to the lack of planting opportunities in the 1 mile radius of the time limited S106 agreements in relation to the former Police Station, New Bridewell Street, City Centre;
· The money proposed to be spent out of area amounted to approx. £6,900.
The following comments were made by Councillors:
· Concern that not all the money could be used for tree planting in the Area Committee 4 area and that the 1 mile radius prevented the monies from being used in other parts of Area Committee 4, such as St George;
· Consideration needed to be given to creative and innovative solutions such as the use of planters where it was not possible to identify sites for tree planting;
· The risk of the S106 monies being subject to clawback by the developer if not spent within the time limit was low;
· The Area Committee boundaries would not be recognised by local residents and it may be better to use the monies to plant trees elsewhere rather than risk losing it.
In considering the tree planting project proposals, Members agreed that the project be partially funded to deliver the projects within Area Committee 4 area.
In considering the tree planting proposals outside Area Committee 4, Councillor Ruth Pickersgill proposed that planting in adjacent Area Committee 1 and Area Committee 5 areas with available Area Committee 4 S106 monies be approved. This was seconded by Councillor Steve Pearce and on being put to the vote was NOT CARRIED (4 in favour and 6 against).
Councillor Asher Craig proposed that the proposed planting in adjacent Area Committee 1 and Area Committee 5 areas with Area Committee 4 S106 monies be rejected and the outstanding monies be set aside for future creative and innovative planting proposals within the Area Committee 4, noting there was a small risk that the S106 monies would be the subject of clawback by the developer. This was seconded and on being put to the vote was CARRIED.
the that the tree planting project proposals be
partially funded to deliver the projects within Area Committee 4
area as follows;