Venue: A Committee Room - City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR. View directions
Election of Chair
RESOLVED – that Councillor Gill Kirk be elected Chair for the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
It was agreed to elect and Chair and Vice-Chair in the event of further meetings being called during the municipal year 2019-2020.
(1) That Councillor Craig Cheney be elected Chair of Area 3 Committee for 2019-20;
(2) That Councillor Lesley Alexander be elected Vice-Chair of Area 3 Committee for 2019-20.
Welcome and Introductions
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Councillor Craig Cheney and Councillor Anna Keen declared non pecuniary interests as Trustees of Hillfields Family and Community Trust.
To confirm as a correct record for signing by the Chair.
RESOLVED – that the Minutes of the previous Meeting held on 15th October 2018 be agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
Members of the public may make a written statement. Please submit it to
firstname.lastname@example.org or Democratic Services (CH), P O Box 3176, Bristol, BS3 9FS.
The following requirements apply:
The statement is received no later than 12.00 noon on Friday 11th October 2019 and is about a matter which is the responsibility of the committee concerned.
No Public Forum had been received.
The report recommends funding decisions on submitted Proposals for CIL and S106 funding ; decisions on approving additional S106 funding to complete Romney Avenue zebra crossing; and approving amendments to use of Old Library S106 funding for play area.
The Community Resources Manager introduced the report and circulated an update as follows:
· AC3 had received a further £83,988.81 in September 2019 which raised the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) available from £346,729.70 to £430,718.51;
· There was an amendment in relation to the Rousham and Stottbury Roads project whereby a total of £51,947.18 of CIL funding was required as there was less Section 106 money available than included in the original report. This was because the Horfield and Lockleaze NP had already allocated most of it and this hadn’t been registered on the published S106 record. BCC Transport in addition is requesting the AC3 to allocate the remainder to complete the Romney Avenue crossing.
The Committee noted the following updates on the progress of projects agreed at the previous meeting:
Fishponds Park: play equipment – plans had been approved and BCC Parks were looking at a target date of February 2020 to start work.
Stoke Park: entrance points improvements and provision of outdoor activity and fitness equipment – works on the project were underway.
Gainsborough Square: replacement of basket swing, safety surfacing and creative items to
enhance environment – this project had been delivered.
Coombe Brook Nature Reserve: Wildlife information Board: BCC Parks were looking to accelerate this project and it was hoped that it would be completed by the end of the year.
Improve public transport infrastructure in Lockleaze – The upgrade was scheduled for spring 2020.
Lower Eastville Community Mural Project – All the money had been released but there was a delay in delivering the project. The project had been a success in terms of community engagement but there were challenges in relation to the bin boxes and looking at how to restrict the waste and consultation was ongoing.
Old Library Muller Road – works were scheduled to start. The Committee noted that The Old Library project is proceeding through planning stages (application submitted)
Hillfields Notice Board Project – It was noted that there was a delay with delivering this project because the Community Resources Manager had not received a response to the enquiry he followed up. Councillor Cheney undertook to pursue this with the Hillfields Family and Community Trust via Jan Ross.
RESOLVED - that the progress of projects approved at the 15th October 2018 AC3 meeting be noted;
RESOLVED - that the projects invited to submit Stage 2 full Proposals and those not invited or not able to proceed be noted;
Members considered the option of pre-committing future CIL receipts, but agreed that this was not an appropriate course of action in view of the 2020 local elections.
(1) that the CIL and S106 monies available be noted;
(2) the option of pre-committing future CIL receipts to support the proposals in the report be noted, but NOT approved.
RESOLVED - that a total of £428,404.18 (CIL) and £71,675.19 (Section 106) be approved to fund the following projects:
Project 1: Greenbank View steps improvement
Delivery Group: BCC ... view the full minutes text for item 12.