Venue: Bordeaux Room, City Hall
Contact: Ian Hird
Apologies for Absence and Substitutions
Declarations of Interest
To note any declarations of interest from councillors. They are asked to
indicate the relevant agenda item, the nature of the interest and in particular
whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest.
Any declaration of interest made at the meeting which is not on the register of
interests should be notified to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion.
Minutes of Previous Meeting PDF 204 KB
To agree the minutes of the previous meeting as a correct record.
To note any announcements from the Chair.
Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.
Any member of the public or councillor may participate in Public Forum. The
detailed arrangements for so doing are set out in the Public Information Sheet at
the back of this agenda. Public Forum items should be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org and please note that the following deadlines will apply in
relation to this meeting:
Questions - Written questions must be received at least 3 clear working days
prior to the meeting. For this meeting, this means that questions must be
received in this office at the latest by 5.00 pm on Tuesday 14 March 2023
Petitions and Statements - Petitions and statements must be received at latest
by 12 noon on the working day prior to the meeting. For this meeting this means
that petitions and statements must be received in this office at latest by
12 noon on Friday 17 March 2023
Please note: Petitions, statements and questions must relate to the remit of the Health Scrutiny Committee.
Update - Dental access for children and adults in Bristol (4.10 - 4.50 pm) PDF 340 KB
- Update and discussion on dental access for children and adults in Bristol.
- Dr Lou Farbus, Head of Stakeholder Engagement for NHS England South West and Melanie Smoker, Senior Dental Programme Manager for NHSE SW will present the enclosed briefing paper.
Update - University of Bristol new Dental School (4.50 - 5.25 pm)
- Barry Main, Head of School, University of Bristol Dental School will present an update on the new purpose-built University of Bristol Dental School, due to open later in 2023. This will be followed by an opportunity for member questions.
Update - Development of Integrated Care System Strategy (5.25 - 5.45 pm) PDF 951 KB
- Update and discussion on the development of a system-wide integrated care strategy for Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
- Colin Bradbury, Director of Strategy, Partnerships and Population, BNSSG Integrated Care Board will present the enclosed briefing paper.
Update - Supporting children's healthy weight - a whole systems approach (5.45 - 6.15 pm) PDF 771 KB
- Update report enclosed on the whole systems approach to supporting children’s healthy weight.