Venue: City Hall College Green, BS1 5TR
Contact: Allison Taylor 0117 92 22237
Apologies for Absence and Substitutions
Declarations of Interest
Up to 30 minutes is allowed for this item.
Any member of the public or Councillor may participate in Public Forum. The detailed arrangements for so doing are set out in the Public Information Sheet at the back of this agenda. Public Forum items should be emailed to email@example.com and please note that the following deadlines will apply in relation to this meeting:-
Petitions and Statements - Petitions and statements must be received on the working day prior to the meeting. For this meeting this means that your submission must be received in this office at the latest by 12.00 noon on 31 January 2018.
To hold a hearing to consider relevant representations made on the application for a premises licence for PRSC The Space made by Peoples Republic Of Stokes Croft and received on 8th December 2017.
To hold a hearing to consider relevant representations made on the application for a premises licence for 11-13 And 15-19 Stokes Croft made by Portland Brown Limited and received on 11th December 2017.
Application for the grant of a premises licence in respect
of 11-13 And 15-19 Stokes Croft, 15-19 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3PY
1. The Applicant applied to the Authority to permit:
Sale of Alcohol Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 - 23:30
Sale of Alcohol Thursday to Saturday 10:00 - 01:30
Plays Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 - 23:00
Plays Thursday to Saturday 10:00 - 23:30
Films Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 - 23:00
Films Thursday to Saturday 10:00 - 23:30
Live Music Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 - 23:00
Live Music Thursday to Saturday 10:00 - 00:30
Recorded Music Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 - 23:00
Recorded Music Thursday to Saturday 10:00 - 00:30
Similar - live/recorded music or dance Sunday to Wednesday 10:00 - 23:00
Similar - live/recorded music or dance Thursday to Saturday 10:00 - 00:30
Late Night Refreshment Sunday to Wednesday 23:00 - 00:00
Late Night Refreshment Thursday to Saturday 23:00 - 01:00
2. Hours the premises will be open to the public:
Sunday to Wednesday 07:00 - 00:00
Thursday to Saturday 07:00 - 02:00
The premises were located in the City Centre Cumulative Impact Area.
Relevant representations had been received from the following parties, all of whom had been notified of this hearing and their rights:
Health And Safety
Pastor Kasali Fatai
The Committee considered the Application after hearing the representations made and decided:
That the application be granted as applied for and subject to conditions agreed with Responsible Authorities, including an amendment to GB04 as set out in reasons.
1. The premises was already licenced for sale of alcohol and this application was before the Committee as there was significant changes to the layout which would require a grant application;
2. The amended layout including the covering of the courtyard and roof terrace which would reduce noise and therefore improve upon the current licensed premises;
3. A comprehensive set of conditions had been agreed to promote the licensing objectives;
4. There was one point of access and egress, thus providing a clear security point;
5. The DPS was very experienced and the premises would be locally managed and well run;
6. The type of customers who would frequent the premises would not cause problems in the area;
7. It was noted that there was no Police representation;
8. The premises was in the CIA but this had not been raised in any of the representations, but in any event, the premises offered something different to what was already available;
9. The Relevant Person’s concerns were noted but it was felt that the comprehensive conditions agreed would mitigate any impact on his premises.
10. GB04 to read ‘The premises licence holder shall ensure that all drinking glasses, except stemmed glassware, used within the premises are of toughened or safety glass to the appropriate safety standard, in that they shall not produce sharp shards when broken.’
To seek consideration of a notice for a Temporary Event Notice in respect of , 262 Stapleton Road, Easton, Bristol BS5 0NP.