· Agreed removal of funding 15 of 16 sites with an existing light controlled or zebra crossing
· Agreed removal of funding on those sites that fail to reach national (RoSPA) assessment criteria and have additionally been assessed to be of lower need of a SCP
· Agreed to progress specialist assessment of the potential for introduction of physical road safety measures at sites where funding is to be removed and a consideration of applying future capital funds from the Transport Capital Programme.
· Agreed to stop funding the service on proposed sites to coincide with term times rather than the earliest opportunity
· Agreed the proposal as to alternative service delivery and how to manage new requests for a School Crossing Patrol
· Delegated the authority to undertake the above recommendations to the Service Director (Transport) in consultation with the Cabinet Portfolio holder