Animal agriculture is a key driver of deforestation,
accelerating greenhouse gases, land-use change, ocean dead zones,
and water and air pollution.
Cuts to methane emissions are our best hope of keeping 1.5 alive over the coming decades, due to a third of methane emissions coming from animal farming.
Joining towns and cities across the UK in endorsing the Plant Based Treaty will help pressure national governments to:
1. Halt the global expansion of deforestation attributed to
2. Incentivise a plant-based food system.
3. Encourage public information campaigns about the benefits of plant-based foods.
4. Free up land to rewild and reforest the Earth.
5. Allow a just transition to more sustainable jobs, healthier people and a healthier planet.
Eat plants, plant trees, endorse the plantbasedtreaty.org
Started by: Josephine Robinson (Bristol Climate Save)
This ePetition runs from 16/04/2022 to 20/04/2023.
77 people have signed this ePetition.