We the undersigned Please reconsider the proposal to introduce car park charging at W-o-T
1. Westbury Hill serves as the car park for the doctor's surgery and the various medical clinics at the back of it. It is already hard to get a doctor's appointment, now the council proposes to add further discouragement. Many people use these for services such as blood tests/other medical procedures and stay for a short time only.
2. It serves as the car park for the pharmacy, located next to the surgery. Many people using the pharmacy have mobility restrictions. They are not all eligible for a blue badge, as their restrictions sometimes fall outside the blue badge criteria.
3. The car park serves worshippers at the adjacent Church. The Church does not have any separate parking facility. Therefore your EIA needs to include religion in this instance
4. Many community groups use the local church hall, for things such as scouts, guides and the like.
5. The council's stated aim (according to the Bri
The proposal is discriminatory against people with disabilities,
the elderly and churchgoers, who are not able to find street
parking for free elsewhere and walk the distance to the
surgery/pharmacy/church/shops. It may have a detrimental impact on
local businesses already suffering due to this Tory induced cost of
This ePetition ran from 08/02/2023 to 01/03/2023 and has now finished.
10 people signed this ePetition.