Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Cabinet approved £2,057,009 condition grant funding to education capital budget. This is recent grant funding ring fenced to management of building condition in the education estate
2. Cabinet approved £3,822,386 (basic need grant funding) Kingsweston Special School – The KEEP. To make permanent critical complex special needs provision in order to prevent high cost independent non-maintained placements for the most vulnerable young people in the city.
3. Cabinet approved £7,179,121 (basic need grant funding) KnowleDGE 6th Form. To develop a 6th form block allowing decant of post 16 pupils and an increase of 40 pupils in the 11-16 age group for those with SEMH and ASD.
4. Cabinet approved £200,000 (SEND grant funding) Claremont and Elmfield, to develop and consult on more detailed options for managing the buildings deteriorating condition. This will allow a return to cabinet once detailed proposals and funding has been identified.
5. Cabinet delegated authority to the Service Director, Education, Learning & Skills in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Education to take all necessary steps to procure and award the contracts for 2 and 3 above
6. Cabinet noted the possibility that a future solution for the condition issues at Elmfield and Claremont may require a contribution from capital receipts, beyond the available capital grant funding.
7. Cabinet noted review of SEND projections and strategic capital recommendations will be included on the forward plan in 2019/2020.
Report author: Alan Stubbersfield
Publication date: 02/07/2019
Date of decision: 02/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 02/07/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 10/07/2019