Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Cabinet approved the submission of a funding bid to the Local Highways Maintenance Challenge fund of up to £4m for 2019/20 and note a further report will come back to Cabinet for approval to spend with match funding from within current approved capital programme.
2. Cabinet approved the submission of an expression of interest to the Local Highways Maintenance Challenge fund of up to £20m for 2020/21 funding and note a further report will come back to Cabinet for approval to spend which will detail any source of required match funding.
3. Cabinet approved the 2019/20 capital budget is revised to £211.6m and the £39.7m underspend as per appendix B for 2019/20 is re-profiled to future periods.
4. Cabinet noted a risk of overspend on General fund services of £3.1m for 19/20 representing 0.8% of the approved budget (Appendix A).
5. Cabinet noted a forecasted balanced position with regard to the Housing Revenue Account.
6. Cabinet noted a forecasted balanced position for the Dedicated Schools Grant taking into account the planned contribution to reserves of £0.6m.
7. Cabinet noted a risk of overspend of £0.7m for Public health, which is being monitored.
8. Cabinet noted a forecast £39.7m underspend on the capital programme, albeit run-rate is more than 50% behind the curve.
9. Cabinet noted the Sundry Debt position of £18.9m over 90days as at Period 5. Individual directorate detail included under Appendix A1-6.
10. Cabinet noted £0.4m of S.106 resources is added to the Capital Programme as detailed in appendix B.
Report author: Denise Murray
Publication date: 01/10/2019
Date of decision: 01/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 01/10/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 09/10/2019