Venue: The Council Chamber - City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR. View directions
Contact: Sam Wilcock
Election of Chair
To elect the Chair of the Area Committee for the 2021-2022 municipal year.
RESOLVED – that Councillor Helen Holland be elected Chair for the meeting.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Jackson and Quartley.
To consider the minutes of the last meeting held on 28th July 2020.
It was noted that on page 2 of the minutes (item 6, second bullet point) ‘Bishopston’ should be ‘Bishopsworth’.
RESOLVED – that the Minutes of the previous Meeting held on 28 July 2020 be agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chair, subject to the amendment above.
Declarations of Interest
To hear any declarations of interests from Councillors on the Area Committee.
There were none.
It was reiterated that all Councillors would have non-pecuniary interests and affiliations with community groups and that Councillors should ensure that their Register of Interests submission are up to date.
Please see the public information sheet attached to the agenda for information and detail about public forum processes. For this specific meeting, the deadlines are:
· The deadline for Public Forum Questions is 5pm on Weds 14th July 2021.
· The deadline for Public Forum Statements is 12 noon on Monday 19th July 2021.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It would greatly assist in the planning of the meeting within covid safe practices if you could inform us if you plan to attend the meeting as a member of the press or public. This would help us plan for the capacity of the meeting room.
There was none.
The report recommends funding decision on submitted Full Proposal for approval of S106 Tree planting funds
The Community Resources Manager introduced the report and drew attention to the following:
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) available to the Area Committee totalled £533,172.88. This broke down for general AC6 expenditure and for the Hengrove Neighbourhood Plan Area as follows:
· For General AC6 expenditure £215,335.29
· For Hengrove ND Plan expenditure £337,837.59
The Section 106 (S106) available to the Area Committee totalled £63,508.12 of which £9,546.50 was designated specifically for tree planting and tree replacement.
The Tree Officer outlined the ongoing project, working with ‘Trees for Climate’ fund from DEFRA and also how the team linked to funding through private or corporate sponsorship of tree plots.
Bristol City Council and their partners aimed to plant as many trees as possible in the Local Authority Area. Bristol’s One City Action Plan has the
Environmental Objective of doubling the tree canopy in the city by 2046 and becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
In response to questions from Councillors, the Tree Bristol Officer clarified the following points:
· Existing plots which had previously held failed trees were identified and reassigned as soon as they were available.
· Councillor Morris was asked to provide information to officers about the site around the bike track which would be available for a future project.
· If trees were planted by a contractor (such as the Metrobus project), the responsibility for those trees lay with the contractor for a specified number of years.
· One Tree Per Child was an ongoing project committed to planting 6000 trees a year around schools and involved school children often of years 4, 5 and 6. Trees may not be on the site of the school, but nearby, and children would assist in the planting.
The requirement was summarised as follows:
RESOLVED that the Committee:
1. Noted the progress of previously approved projects.
2. Noted the progress of 2021/22 Area Committee process and the decision-making for S106 monies specified for tree planting and replacement.
3. Noted the CIL and S106 monies available at 30th June 2021.
4. Considered the funding for the S106 Tree Proposal submitted and did not attach any conditions.
5. Noted the legal information concerning the Public Sector Equality duty in reaching all its decisions.
6. Considered the project proposal submitted and approved full delivery of the project.
7. Approved the allocation of remaining ... view the full minutes text for item 6.