Whitehouse Street Recommendations:
1. Approved the Whitehouse Street Regeneration Framework and noted that it will be a material planning consideration in the determination of planning applications.
2. Authorised the Director Economy of Place to extend the ‘Threshold’ approach in the Affordable Housing Practice Note 2022 to cover the Whitehouse Street Regeneration Framework Area until 31st December 2024.
3. Approved up to £600k SCIL funding to develop outline designs and business case for the highways and public realm and associated costings to inform future funding bids.
4. Authorised Executive Director for Growth and Regeneration in consultation with the Mayor to procure and award the contract(s) (which may be over £500k) necessary to develop the outline designs and business case for the highways and public realm works.
5. Authorised the Executive Director of Growth and Regeneration in consultation with the Mayor to spend the approved funding as outlined in this report.
6. Authorised the Executive Director of Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Section 151 Officer and Mayor, to explore, submit funding bids, accept any funding award and enter into funding agreements for business support packages.
7. Noted the consultation reports at Appendix B.
Bedminster Green Recommendations
8. Authorised the Executive Director Growth and Regeneration, in consultation with the Mayor, to enter into all necessary contracts by way of direct award (for goods, works or services) to expedite delivery of the river restoration and flood alleviation works on Plots 1 and 3 in Bedminster Green, within the previous funding allocation as set out and approved in November 2021 Cabinet report.