Venue: City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 9NE
Contact: Amy Rodwell
Link: Watch Live Webcast
Welcome and Safety Information
Members of the public intending to attend the meeting are asked to please note that, in the interests of health, safety and security, bags maybe searched on entry to the building. Everyone attending this meeting is also asked please to behave with due courtesy and to conduct themselves in a reasonable way.
Please note: if the alarm sounds during the meeting, everyone should please exit the building via the way they came in, via the main entrance lobby area, and then the front ramp. Please then assemble on the paved area in front of the building on College Green by the flag poles.
If the front entrance cannot be used, alternative exits are available via staircases 2 and 3 to the left and right of the Conference Hall. These exit to the rear of the building. The lifts are not to be used. Then please make your way to the assembly point at the front of the building. Please do not return to the building until instructed to do so by the fire warden(s).
Up to one hour is allowed for this item
Any member of the public or Councillor may participate in Public Forum. Petitions, statements and questions received by the deadlines below will be taken at the start of the agenda item to which they relate to.
Petitions and statements (must be about matters on the agenda):
• Members of the public and members of the council, provided they give notice in writing or by e-mail (and include their name, address, and ‘details of the wording of the petition, and, in the case of a statement, a copy of the submission) by no later than 12 noon on the working day before the meeting, may present a petition or submit a statement to the Cabinet.
• One statement per member of the public and one statement per member of council shall be admissible.
• A maximum of one minute shall be allowed to present each petition and statement.
• The deadline for receipt of petitions and statements for the 15th May
Cabinet is 12 noon on Friday 12th May. These should be sent, in writing or by e-mail to: Democratic Services, City Hall, College Green,Bristol, BS1 5TR
Questions (must be about matters on the agenda):
• A question may be asked by a member of the public or a member of Council, provided they give notice in writing or by e-mail (and include their name and address) no later than 3 clear working days before the day of the meeting.
• Questions must identify the member of the Cabinet to whom they are put.
• A maximum of 2 written questions per person can be asked. At the meeting, a maximum of 2 supplementary questions may be asked. A supplementary question must arise directly out of the original question or reply.
• Replies to questions will be given verbally at the meeting. If a reply cannot be given at the meeting (including due to lack of time) or if written confirmation of the verbal reply is requested by the questioner, a written reply will be provided within 10 working days of the meeting.
• The deadline for receipt of questions for the 15th May Cabinet is 5.00 pm on Tuesday 9th May. These should be sent, in writing or by e-mail to: Democratic Services, City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR.
Democratic Services e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting a question or statement please indicate whether you are planning to attend the meeting to present your statement or receive a verbal reply to your question.
Apologies for Absence
Declarations of Interest
To note any declarations of interest from the Mayor and Councillors. They are asked to indicate the relevant agenda item, the nature of the interest and in particular whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest.
Any declarations of interest made at the meeting which is not on the register of interests should be notified to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion.
Matters referred to the Mayor for reconsideration by a scrutiny commission or by Full Council
(subject to a maximum of three items)
Reports from scrutiny commission
To note any announcements from the Chair
That Cabinet noted:
1. The council’s revenue outturn position of £3.0 million overspend within the General Fund, to be funded from the General Fund general reserve (see section 2 in Appendix A1).
2. The council’s outturn position of £2.8 million overspend within the Housing Revenue Account to be funded from the HRA general reserve (see section 5 in Appendix A1).
3. The council’s outturn position of net £15.0 million overspend in the Dedicated Schools Grant and a total £39.7 million carried forward in the DSG deficit reserve (see section 6 in Appendix A1).
4. A breakeven position on Public Health services (see section 7 in Appendix A1).
5. The council’s capital outturn position of £28.4 million underspend against the revised Capital Programme Budget as set out in (see section 8 in Appendix A1 and Appendix A6).
6. The in-year collection levels for Council Tax and Business Rates as set out in the report (see section 9 in Appendix A1)
7. The level of aged debt as at 31 March 2023 (see section 10 in Appendix A1)
8. Use of reserves and draft closing reserve balances (see section 11 in Appendix A1)
9. The performance on delivery of savings (as summarised in section 4 in Appendix A1 and detailed in Appendix A2)
10. The Reserves Policy as approved in the Medium Term Financial Plan and set out in Appendix A4
11. The Finance Scheme of Delegation amended for administrative changes as set out in Appendix A5
That Cabinet Approved:
12. The drawdown from the General Fund general reserve to balance the outturn position (see section 1 in Appendix A1).
13. The drawdown of £2.8 million from the HRA general reserve (see section 5 in Appendix A1).
14. Approve the release of £28.3 million corporate funds as approved in the 2022/23 budget and Quarter 2 report but not initially allocated to directorate cash limit (see section 3 in Appendix A1)
15. Approve the release of unused one-off funds of £3.8 million to be released from the balance sheet to the Income & Expenditure account to smooth the debt and other impairment (see section 3 in Appendix A1)
16. The creation of two new Clean Air Zone reserves to account both for the grant fund of £5.1 million and for any operational surplus (£8.4m) (see section 11 in Appendix A1).
17. The creation of one new reserve to account for the grant fund of £0.9 million for the Family Hubs & Start for Life Programme.
18. The use of the Capital Financing underspend of £4.3 million for Digital, Business Transformation and Change projects in lieu of Flexible Use Of Capital Receipts (see section 11 in Appendix A1).
19. The revised financial reporting timetable for 23/24 as set out in Appendix A3.