Venue: Conference Hall - City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR. View directions
Contact: Sam Wilcock
Link: Watch Live Webcast
Members of the public intending to attend the meeting are asked to please note that, in the interests of health, safety and security, bags may be searched on entry to the building. Everyone attending this meeting is also asked please to behave with due courtesy and to conduct themselves in a reasonable way.
Please note: if the alarm sounds during the meeting, everyone should please exit the building via the way they came in, via the main entrance lobby area, and then the front ramp. Please then assemble on the paved area in front of the building on College Green by the flag poles.
If the front entrance cannot be used, alternative exits are available via staircases 2 and 3 to the left and right of the Conference Hall. These exit to the rear of the building. The lifts are not to be used. Then please make your way to the assembly point at the front of the building. Please do not return to the building until instructed to do so by the fire warden(s).
Due to Covid Safety requirements we have put the following measures in place:
· All attendees to Full Council are asked to have a Covid lateral flow test 24 hrs prior to the day of the meeting and show the results of a negative test. It’s important that you report the results of your test and that you get confirmation sent to your phone. Reception staff may ask to see this on the day of the meeting. If you have a positive test or if you develop any Covid 19 symptoms – high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, you should book a test on .GOV.UK and self-isolate while you wait for the results.
· You are required to wear a face mask at all times unless you are exempt. Social distancing rules remain in place.
· Councillors are permitted to remove their face coverings in two circumstances:
- Once sat at their desk and behind their screens.
- When standing at the lectern to make a speech
· Members of the press and public who wish to attend City Hall are advised that you will be asked to watch the meeting on a screen in another room due to the maximum occupancy of the venue.
The Lord Mayor welcomed all attendees to the meeting and made a safety announcement in relation to the emergency evaculation procedure.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were heard from Councillors Ali, Cheney, Goggin, Hornchen, Jama, Mack and Wilcox
The Full Council considered a report from the Director, Legal and Democratic Services recommending the appointment of Peter Abraham as Honorary Alderman of the City and County of Bristol.
Councillor Goulandris moved the appointment of Peter Abraham as an Honorary Alderman.
Councillor Eddy seconded the motion.
The following Councillors then addressed the Full Council, expressing their support for the nomination:
· Councillor Helen Holland
· Councillor Guy Poultney
· Councillor Tim Kent
· Councillor Steve Pearce
· Councillor Graham Morris
· Councillor Lesley Alexander
On being put to the vote, it was
That Peter Abraham be appointed as an Honorary Alderman of the City and County of Bristol.
Honorary Alderman Peter Abraham received his badge and certificate from the Lord Mayor and addressed the Full Council.
The Lord Mayor concluded the meeting by adding his congratulations to Honorary Alderman Peter Abraham.