Agenda and draft minutes

Area Committee 3
Monday, 15th October, 2018 6.00 pm

Venue: A Committee Room - City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR. View directions

Contact: Sam Wilcock 

Items
No. Item

1.

Election of Chair

The Committee is requested to elect a Chair for the 2018/19 Municipal Year.

Minutes:

It was moved and seconded that Councillor Tincknell be elected Chair for the meeting.  If another meeting of the Area Committee takes place during the municipal year, ‘Election of Chair’ will feature again on the agenda.

2.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies were received from Councillor Kirk.

3.

Declarations of Interest

To note any interests from Councillors relevant to the consideration of items on the agenda.

 

Any declarations of interest made at the meeting which are not on the register of interests should be notified to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion.

 

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest

4.

Public Forum

Members of the public may make a written statement. Please submit it to democratic.services@bristol.gov.uk or Democratic Services Section, City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5UY. The following requirement applies:

 

The statement is received no later than 12pm on the working day before the meeting and is about a matter which is the responsibility of the committee concerned. For this meeting the deadline is 12pm on Friday 12th October 2018.

Minutes:

There were no items of public forum.

5.

Reports on Proposed Decisions For Councillors pdf icon PDF 6 MB

Minutes:

The Committee first considered Recommendation 4 – the approval of funding for the proposals submitted for consideration, including any conditions they wished to attach (item 5).

 

Before considering each project in turn, Councillor Alexander enquired after a previous Neighbourhood Committee project linked to the roundabout at Duchess Gate, and improvements to park running.  Members suggested that money for that scheme had been allocated at the last meeting of the Neighbourhood Partnership ACTION: CRM to find a list of decisions of the Greater Fishponds Neighbourhood Partnership in terms of S106 decisions in Frome Vale Ward and forward to Councillor Lesley Alexander.

 

The Community Resources Manager confirmed that each ward had been asked to put forward projects they wanted to progress via a ‘Stage One’ application form.  These were then considered at a preliminary meeting by ward Councillors and a selection of those were then invited to submit a ‘Stage Two’ form.  Ward Councillors had worked collaboratively in order to reach a shortlist of schemes that was equitable across the area.  Some Section 106 money had to be spent on works that fitted the legal agreement for its use, often within specific geographical boundaries, and the remainder could be allocated with more choice.

 

Project 1 – Lower Eastville Community mural project

Delivery Group – LitterArti and Bristol Reconnect with Friends of Freemantle Road

Full proposed amount requested – £11,000

 

It was highlighted that some elements of the Project involved payments ‘in kind’ or as yet unconfirmed however, these were not considered fundamental elements of the project and it would therefore be unfortunate to withhold the funding until they were confirmed.

 

RESOLVED (unanimously) that funding of £11,000 to deliver the project be approved subject to the following conditions;

(a)   Community Engagement – The final plan to be signed off by the Community (Eastville Community Network and the Freemantle Residents Group).

(b)   Permissions from landowners must be obtained.

(c)    The Committee requested an update on the fundraising plans for the ‘in kind’ elements in order to monitor progress and assist if possible.

 

Project 2 – Fishponds Park  play equipment to complete project

Delivery Group – BCC Parks

Full proposed amount requested – £50,000 (£42,152.85 CIL, £7,847.15 S106)

 

RESOLVED (unanimously) that funding of £50,000 to deliver the project be approved.

 

Councillor Bowden-Jones enquired whether the £7,847.15 S106 allocated was the same £8k quoted in previous meetings. ACTION: CRM to ascertain whether the figures were linked and report back to Councillor Bowden-Jones.

 

Project 3 – The Old Library Community Centre Muller Road disabled toilet facilities and fix damaged drainage

Delivery Group – South Lockleaze and Purdown Neighbourhood Group CIC, The Old Eastville Library

Full proposed amount requested – £15,000

 

RESOLVED (unanimously) that funding of £15,000 to deliver the project be approved.

 

Project 4 – Stoke Park entrance points improvements and provision of outdoor activity and fitness equipment

Delivery Group – BCC Parks

Full proposed amount requested – £112,047.47

 

RESOLVED (unanimously) that funding of £112,047.47 to deliver the project be approved.

 

Project 5 – Gainsborough Square  ...  view the full minutes text for item 5.